Follow the rules and we'll be golden. This is a humor fest. Angst, non-con, dub-con, kinks, etc. are allowed if and only if you can make it funny. Feel free to do whatever you want but if it's not humorous, it defeats the purpose of this fest.
Do you like any of the above listed things? Check out the following comms:
- When you sign up, you are commiting yourself to writing a fic or creating a work of art. However, we understand that real life can take over.
- If you need to drop out, please give us a heads-up so that we know that we won't be receiving fic/art from you. We won't yell - promise. It just makes it easier
- You must not post your fic elsewhere until the Masterlist has been posted AND the author have been revealed.
- Each person is allowed to leave up to 15 (fifteen) prompts
- Prompts can be as vague or as detailed as you want, but please note that prompts should not be “negative.” Please focus on who you want in a story, rather than on what/who you don’t want.
- All prompts will be submitted via Google Drive- please read all directions there and make sure you've entered everything in correctly.
- Each prompt is only to be selected once. This will ensure that we have a variety of fics.
- AU works are permitted and encouraged as long as the work’s emphasis is primarily on Harry Potter and its characters. Crossovers are also permitted, as long as they abide by all other rules of the comm.
- Spoiler Policy: If you are creating a crossover in which a show or newly released movie is featured, please mark the spoilers. Also, please consider mentioning the timeline of your fic/art here.
- All explicitly violent fics or prompts should also have a note to this effect at the top in the warnings section. Not everyone wants to read this, so please let the readers know if this material will be in your fic! Sexually explicit stories and prompts are very welcome but should be marked as such.
- Please warn for anything that may be triggering to some readers. This should not be an issue here at this comm, but if there are any warnings, let the readers know. Please warn for all activies such as recreational drug use, substance abuse, drunkenness and similar activities.
- Prompts or stories that break the above rules will either be deleted or not posted.
- All fics must be at least 500 words long. NO EXCEPTIONS. They can be longer.
- Art must be 300 x 500 (diagonal or horizontal) or larger. Icons will not be accepted.
- When signing up, the link will ask for a keyword. To ensure that you've read the rules, this year's keyword is scribbles.
Please email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions needed to be coded with proper HTML. Check out the FAQ for more info.
As we start posting, please feed your authors and artists with feedback! They’re awesome, so let them know it!
Prompting: May 1 - June 27
Claiming: July 3 - July 24
Creating: August 3* - October 1
Posting: October 1 - ???
*you can start creating your works as soon as you get your prompt confirmation, which will be out by August 3 at the latest, depending on how late you claim.
[rules adapted from wc_women_fest, a fest this mod runs]
Please leave all questions here at the FAQ. Comments at this post are now disabled. This is just to streamline all questions into one spot.